Currently the governing body has the following members:
Clerk to the Governors
The Role of the Governing Body
Our Governing Body’s remit is to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school
- Hold the headteacher and senior leadership team to account for the educational performance of the schools and their pupils and the performance management of staff
- Oversee the financial performance of the school; ensuring funding is well spent
Monitoring and evaluating the school’s performance and success play a significant role for our Governing Body. We have a detailed monitoring schedule linked to the school’s Raising Attainment Plan. These visits ensure governors have a thorough understanding of the life and workings of the schools and are to both support and challenge the senior leadership team.
The Appointment of Governors
Our governors are drawn from parents and carers, the wider community and school staff and are appointed for a four-year term of office. Co-opted governors are appointed, based on their skill set, by the Governing Body; parents and carers elect parent governors; and staff governors are elected by school staff.
If you are interested in being a governor at our school, please contact the Clerk to Governors in the first instance: email@example.com. The links below provide information about the governor role. We currently have one co-opted governor vacancy and would be pleased to hear from anyone who’d like to learn more about how they might contribute to our school’s continued success as a governor, especially those from outside the immediate school community.
To contact the Chair of Governors, please write care of the school address which is
William Barnes Primary School, Bridge Street, Sturminster Newton, DT10 1BZ
Please find links below for recent minutes of the school’s governing body meetings and other governor-related information.
- Information about the Governing Body including Committees and Link Governors
- Governors’ Financial Statement 2020-21
- Full Governing Body Standing Orders
- Full Governing Body Year Planner
- Full Governing Body Terms of Reference
- Full Governing Body Visits Protocol
Full Governing Body Meeting Minutes
(If you would like to see more minutes, please contact the Clerk to the Governors via the school office)