At William Barnes Primary school safeguarding is an essential part of what we do day in and day out.
All staff and governors are kept up to date with the latest appropriate training including “PREVENT anti-radicalisation training.” Our safeguarding officers are:
Designated Safeguarding Lead – Headteacher Karen Wrixon
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Deputy Headteacher Richard Hull
Designated Safeguarding Governor – Maria Dixon-Amphlett
If you have any concerns please speak to Mrs Wrixon in the first instance. Please click below to view our Safeguarding and E-Safety policies. Please note the E-Safety policy was updated and reviewed by the Governors in July 2019. The E-Safety group also met to carry out an audit using the 360 Safe online tool in May 2019.
All staff have read and discussed the 2020 version of Keeping Children Safe in Education.
Operation Encompass is a national approach to information sharing in cases of domestic abuse and violence. William Barnes is working alongside Dorset police as part of Operation Encompass. Please click on the links below for further information.
- Child Protection Policy
- Annex to the Child Protection Policy during the Covid-19 measures
- E-Safety Policy
- Staff Code of Conduct
- PREVENT Guidance
- PREVENT Action Plan
- Managing Allegations of Abuse against Staff Members and Volunteers
Below are two useful links from CEOP for families concerned about recent developments in toys that are connected to the internet and the use of screens during holidays.
Please download the newsletter from Dorset police’s Safer School’s Community Team which contains useful and upto date information regarding internet safety.
- E-Safety Newsletter Autumn 2019 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter Summer 2019 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter September 2018 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter May 2018 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newlestter January 2018 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter January 2017 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter Summer 2016 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter Spring 2016 (SSCT)
- E-Safety Newsletter Autumn 2015 (SSCT)
- “How smart are you?” parents quiz
- SWGFL Parent E-safety Fact Sheet